Archos, a leading French consumer electronics company, has recently announced the Archos 101 XS 2 tablet, a Gen 11 tablet that is an improvement over last year’s Gen 10 model. This new model sports a 10.1 inch display and comes with a quad core processor. It is also Google certified making it access the hundreds of thousands of apps available at the Google Play Store.
Archos 101 XS 2 Technical Specifications
- Display: 10.1-inch 1280 x 800 pixels, IPS,
- OS: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- CPU: Quad-core A9 1.6GHz
- GPU: Quad-core GPU Mali 400 MP4
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB + micro SD (compatible with cards up to 64GB)
- Camera: 2MP back, 2MP front
- Interface: Micro USB 2.0: Mobile Transfer Protocol (MTP), USB host via OTG, microSD (compatible with 64 GB cards formatted to FAT32)
- Wireless connectivity: Dual band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Wireless display, Bluetooth, GPS
The Archos 101 XS 2 is an improvement over last year’s model as it now sports a quad core processor combined with 2GB of RAM. This gives users a faster and smooth web experience and app usage. The device also uses Dual Band Wi-Fi technology that allows it to utilize both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. This makes browsing and downloads faster.
Part of every package sold is an ultra-thin magnetic Coverboard. This serves as a Chiclet keyboard and allows users to work faster on Android. When not used as a keyboard it can be used to cover the display of the device to protect it. It can also be used as a kickstand so that the device can be used to easily watch movies and other multimedia content.
This device will also come with the Archos Media Center Apps. This gives the device with the widest range of audio and video codec support. The company has more than 12 years of mobile video and audio experience allowing them to design this device to play every audio and video file format available, even true 1080p HD video.
Archos 101 XS 2 will be available in the US market this December and will come at a retail price of $279.