Users of the Kindle Fire HD and the Kindle Fire HDX will be pleased to know that Amazon has started rolling out the Fire OS 3.1 update to these tablets. This update brings support for a feature called second screen, which basically allows users to flick content from their tablet to an external display, which is pretty neat if you’re watching a movie. Also included in the update is the support for Goodreads which is now integrated even deeply with your tablet. Users can share quotes or purchases with their friends on Goodreads. Below is the full changelog of this update:
- Find and share books with Goodreads: Goodreads on Kindle lets you connect with the Goodreads community to follow friends and see what they are reading, and share and rate books on your Kindle Fire.
- Organize your content with Cloud Collections: Organize your content library into collections like “Favorite Books” and “Sports Apps” that are synchronized with compatible Kindle devices and reading apps.
- Watch movies and TV shows on another device with Second Screen: Fling movies and TV shows from your Kindle Fire to your 2013 Samsung Smart TV or PlayStation 3 using Second Screen.
- Learn more about books with Smart Lookup: With the Smart Lookup feature, you can quickly look up words in the dictionary or Wikipedia or translate text in a book.
- Print from Your Kindle Fire: Print Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents, photos, e-mails, calendar events, and contact information from your Kindle Fire to a printer that supports mobile printing.
- Free up storage space with 1-Tap Archive: With 1-Tap Archive, your Kindle Fire groups all content that has not been used recently so you can move it to the Cloud with just one tap.
- Enhanced enterprise features: Manage security certificates and connect to your company’s Wi-Fi network—whether you’re at home or at work—with remote VPN capabilities.
- Set alarms and view additional time zones with the Clock app: Use the all-new Clock app to check the date and time, set an alarm clock, and more.
Impatient users can get the update directly from Amazon by heading over to the link below or simply wait for an update notification to pop-up if time is no bar.
Via: Android Central