Acer has just added a new model in its Smart Monitor line of products which is bigger than the previously announced 24inch Acer DA241HL model. The company just announced its newest model called the Acer TA272HUL which is a 27 inch touchscreen display with a 2560 x 1440 resolution.
The TA272HUL can be used as a monitor by connecting it to a PC using its HDMI port. It can also be used as a standalone device which can be used to surf the web, watch videos, or play games. This is because it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean software.
Acer TA272HUL Technical Specifications
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- CPU: NVIDIA Tegra 4 (T40S) Quad-core 1.8GHz
- GPU: GeForce
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB
- Size: 660 × 493 × 50mm
- Weight: 7.2kg
- Display: 27 inches AHVA panel 10 point multi-touch display
- Resolution: 2560 × 1440 WQHD
- Camera: 2MP (front CMOS auto focus)
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n Bluetooth 4.0 Ethernet 10/100Mbps (RJ45)
- External terminal: Full-SD (Max 32GB), USB 3.0 x2, HDMI x2, Displayport, 3.5mm audio jack
- Power: 100-240V
- Other: 3W Harman Kardon speakers mounted, Dolby Home support
This smart monitor comes with pretty decent specs and is powerful enough to handle almost anything thrown at it. Its use of a TEGRA 4 quad core 1.8GHz processor combined with 2 GB of RAM is enough to handle any graphics intensive game available for the Android platform. There’s 16GB of internal storage that’ll surely get filled quickly if installed with various apps. An option to increase the storage is available via the SD card slot.
The TA272HUL looks to be a very promising device with its huge display and its flexibility. If you are looking for a monitor for your PC that can also be used as a standalone device then this is one of the best choices in the market.
There’s still no information if this model will be sold in the international market. In Taiwan it is priced just under $500.