It appears that Apple isn’t the only company that can sell mobile devices quickly. Chinese company Xiaomi announced that it has sold 100,000 of its HongMi smartphone model in just 2 minutes and 5 seconds. The device was recently offered at its online store with the company making 100,000 units of the device available for order. It immediately sold out. The company also offered 100,000 units of the XiaoMi Mi-2S 32GB version and 20,000 units XiaoMi Box which also sold out immediately but not as fast as the HongMi.
Xiaomi is selling the HongMi smartphone in the Chinese market. The device is best known as one of the cheapest quad-core smartphones available with a retail price of only 799 Yuan (approximately $131.
Xiaomi HongMi Technical Specifications
- OS: Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Network: 2G Network GSM / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G Network TD-SCDMA 1900 / 2100
- Display: 4.7 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 720 x 1280 pixels, 312 ppi
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- CPU: MTK MT6589T Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7
- GPU: PowerVR SGX544
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal storage: 4 GB expandable via microSD, up to 32 GB
- Camera: 8 MP rear [email protected], 1.3 MP front [email protected]
- Battery: Li-Po 2000 mAh
- Dimensions: 137 x 69 x 9,9 mm
- Weight: 158g
For its low price point the device carries pretty impressive specs. This model runs on Android 4.2 with the popular MIUI interface on top.
The sales record set by this model is another achievement for the company. Earlier this year Xiaomi was able to get Hugo Barra from Google and made him vice president.