The Casio G’zOne Commando is an Android smartphone designed for Verizon customers who live an active lifestyle. While the device itself is rugged and can survive the occasional water splashes and drops to the floor its design is somewhat unique. Some people love its design while others hate it. For those who are still using this device Verizon has just released the new C771M140 software update which you should be getting right now.
Some of the key features of this update include
- Power-cycle issue has been remedied
- Corporate contact search results now display much faster
- Calendar times affected by Daylight Savings have been corrected
- Improvements in security with the latest Google Security Patch
- V Cast Apps and Verizon Video have been removed
The update however does not upgrade the operating system of the device which is still stuck at Android 2.3. One thing you will notice is that Verizon has removed carrier specific apps which is great since most of the time these apps are just bloatware.
There are two ways to get software update C771M140. There’s the OTA user initiated and the OTA server initiated. Take note that it will take 2 to 3 minutes for the update to download to your device depending on network conditions. After the download process has finished the installation process commence which will usually last between 3 to 5 minutes.
OTA User Initiated
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > tap Settings > About phone > System Updates > Check New >OK
- After the download has completed, tap OK. After tapping OK, the device will power off and back on and then the software upgrade will be started.
- After the upgrade has been 100% completed, the device will power off and back on.
OTA Server Initiated
- You will be notified that a system update is available on your device. Tap OK in the New Software Update screen.
- After the download is completed, tap OK. The device will power off and back on, and then the software upgrade will start.
- After the upgrade has been 100% completed, the device will power off and on
- In case the system update fails to install just remove and re-insert the battery and power the device back on. The device will power back on with original software and will prompt you once again to install the system update.