We previously reported that Toys “R” Us will soon be releasing an Android tablet aimed at kids called the Tabeo e2. Our initial estimate was that it will be released at the end part of this year however the company has recently announced that the tablet will be available in-store as well as online starting this Monday, October 14.
The Tabeo e2 is an upgrade to the first Tabeo tablet released last year. This 8-inch model sports several improvements such as a dual-core processor, quad-core GPU, and Android 4.2 software. Since it is aimed at kids it’s made to be durable and can withstand the occasional drops and bumps. It also has a parental control feature that allows dads and moms to monitor the content their kids can access.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2
- 8″ capacitive, multi-touch screen with a 1024 x 768 pixel resolution displays more than 16 million colors
- Dual-core 1.0 GHz processor and a quad-core GPU offer quick and easy browsing, viewing and gaming
- Customizable parental controls let you limit the content your child views and the amount of time he or she spends using certain apps
- Preloaded with 30 apps
- tabeo App Store offers access to thousands of free apps
- Downloadable Toys’R’Us Movies app offers thousands of family-friendly movies and TV shows for streaming and directly downloading
- Removable hard case with rubberized siding
- Dual-facing camera, microphone, built-in speakers and G-sensor
- USB 2.0 interface
- Plays video files with .avi, .mp4, .mkv, .mov and .flv extensions
- MP3, WAV, APE, OGG and FLAC audio playback
- 8 GB of internal storage; expandable up to 64 GB with a microSD
- 1 GB RAM
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled
The Tabeo e2 doesn’t come with Google Play however it comes with the tabeo App Store. This is a good thing in this situation since the content at the tabeo App Store is more suited for kids.
If you are looking for a tablet to give to your kids then you might want to check this one out.