If the Samsung Galaxy Gear has you turned off due to its high price and limited compatibility then you might want to check out the Sony SmartWatch 2 which is now available for pre-order at the U.S. Sony Store for $200. That’s $100 less than Samsung’s device and best of all it has wider compatibility.
Sony SmartWatch 2 Technical Specifications
- 1.6-inch LCD screen with a 220×176-pixel resolution, pixel density of 176PPI
- Around 400 apps
- dust and water resistance (IP57)
- Supports Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC
- Screen brightness (sunlight readable)
- Longest battery life for a smartwatch
- aluminum body and stainless steel wristband
- Standalone watch functionality
- Standard micro USB cable for charging
- Extended compatibility (works with most Android 4.0 phones)
- Swappable wristbands
- Handle your calls by a simple touch of your wrist
- Take a photo remotely from your SmartWatch, using a smart camera app
- Control your presentations remotely using Presentation Pal
The Sony SmartWatch 2 is an attractive device that can enhance the functionality of a smartphone. Its water resistance and excellent sunlight readability makes it perfect for people with an active lifestyle. There are already hundreds of apps compatible with this device and that number is still growing.
According to Ravi Nookala, president of Sony Mobile Communications (USA), “Sony SmartWatch 2 seamlessly expands the user experience for today’s active smartphone culture. The average smartphone user reaches for their device more than 100 times per day to check text messages, read emails and social network notifications and of course, to check the time. SmartWatch 2 makes these core tasks easier, and does much more with apps available, for everything from productivity to fitness and games.”
What’s great about this device is that it is waterproof as well as dustproof. This gives it a slightly better protection compared to other devices in this category. The ability to change the strap to any other 24mm wrist strap is also a big plus factor for this device. Then there’s the long lasting battery life which can last up to three days on a single charge.
While a smartwatch is still a growing technology and there is still a lot of improvements that can be made if ever you feel the need to purchase one then this model is highly recommended.