Samsung first unveiled the Samsung HomeSync at the Mobile World Congress held last February in Barcelona, Spain. This is an Android based media hub that delivers the full Android experience on a TV. It allows consumers to store, sync, and stream content from their mobile devices to their TVs while at home or on the go. Originally slated for release last April, it is finally on sale in the U.S. market for $299.99.
Nanda Ramachandran, vice president of emerging business at Samsung Mobile, said in a press conference that “HomeSync is a powerful platform that we envision to be the center of a household’s connected life. We saw an opportunity to create a companion device at home, that seamlessly syncs all of your mobile content wherever you are.”
Samsung HomeSync Technical Specifications
- OS: Android, v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU: GAIA 1.7 GHz (Cortex A15 dual core)
- Mempry: 2 GB DDR3 + 8 GB eMMC + 1 TB HDD
- Dimensions: 183.5 x 135.8 x 29.9
- Weight: 730 g
- LAN: Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz & a/n 5 GHz HT40 2×2 MIMO Channel Bonding
- Bluetooth: V4.0
- USB: 3.0 External USB I/F Connection (x 2)
- Micro USB: PC Connection 5pin mUSB (x1)
- HDMI out: Supported (HDMI1.4, Maximum Resolution: FHD)
- Video: H.264, H.263, MPEG4, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, WMV7/8, MP43, VP8, DivX
- Audio: MP3, AAC LC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA 9 standard/10pro/Lossless, FLAC, Vorbis, AMR-NB/WB, Wav, Mid, AC-3, DTS
- DRM: HDCP 1.3/2.1, Playready, Widevine, Trustzone
Some of the key features of this device include
- Perfect companion to your Galaxy devices that are compatible with Samsung Link (Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition, Galaxy Camera)
- Ideal storage solution with its 1TB drive that has a private as well as a shared storage option.
- Provides real-time sharing for up to 8 separate accounts. This allows consumers to easily synch and share content in real time.
- Access anywhere
- Control content on your TV using your mobile device
- Real-time streaming feature lets you stream content from your galaxy device to your TV.
Samsung is even running a promo right now that gives you $50 which you can spend on Media Hub if you register your device online. The %40 can be spent on movies or any other content available at the Samsung Media Hub.