- Defective battery and charger.
The device turns very hot when the charger is plugged in.
- Connectors on the device are corroded, bent or damaged.
- Connectors on the battery are pushed in, corroded, bent or damaged.
- The phone is damaged.
Based on these possible causes, here are the things you should do to troubleshoot the problem and hopefully fix it.
Check your battery and charger. The simplest way to do this is to plug it to your phone to see if the indicator would say it’s charging. If it does, at least, you can rest assured that your charging unit is still transmitting current, so you should focus on your battery and device. If the battery is defective, the phone may charge for a few minutes then stops; it is because the battery couldn’t hold the current from the charging unit. Another indication that it has a problem is when the phone shows the battery is fully charged but drained so fast. If this is the case, you might consider buying a new battery pack.
Check your phone’s temperature. When charging, it is normal that the phone turns hot but not to the point that you couldn’t almost touch it. If your device’s temperature goes unusually high during the process, do not continue instead bring your phone to an authorized technician to be checked thoroughly and be diagnosed properly. Remember that when an electronic device turns so hot, something bad might happen.
Connector problem. Corrosion on both the device’s and battery’s connectors would interrupt the charging process simply because current cannot be conducted properly. The same goes to bent, pushed in or totally damaged connectors. If the problem is on the connectors on your phone, a technician might be able to fix it, if it’s on the battery, buying a new one would surely help.
Damaged phone. If your phone suffered a fall prior to the problem, a hardware may have been damaged by the impact. Another thing that could also totally damage the battery is when the phone will be soaked in water. To determine if the device has experienced liquid damage you can check the LDI (Liquid Damage Indicator). The LDI is located inside the battery well and on the battery itself. LDI indicators should be solid white or white with visible pink/purple X’s. If the device has been exposed to moisture, the LDI will be solid pink/purple/red.
Having problems with your phone?
Tell us about them by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include as much details as possible so that we could understand the problem well and find the best solutions for you. If you can share a screenshot or two, that would be better.
We may not be able to respond to every email we receive but rest assured we do read them… yes, all of them even if some do look like spams.