Just as Samsung sent out the Android 4.3 update to the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, the company is now sending out an update to the international variants as well. The octa core GT-I9500 is the latest of the Galaxy S4 variants to get the update to Android 4.3, thereby fulfilling the company’s promise to roll out the update in October.
We can now expect devices like the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Note II to get the update by November-December. The changes here are fairly similar to what we saw on the LTE variant yesterday, with smoother performance and improved benchmark scores. The update can be manually downloaded through the computer using Samsung Kies or through an OTA update. To manually check your phone for an update, head over to Settings – More – About Device – Software update – Update.
Here’s the complete changelog of Android 4.3 on the Galaxy S4:
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Via: Sam Mobile