The HTC One for T-Mobile had an update two days ago which brought several enhancements and improvements to the device. Normally this OTA update would have been easy to get however some owners of the device experienced update errors which prevented the device from being updated. HTC has come up with a solution by releasing a full 1.12GB RUU which can be manually applied to the device.
Manually updating the HTC One is more complex than the automated OTA procedure however the instructions are quite straightforward.
For those who want to manually update their device since it is getting an error when trying the OTA method first make sure that the software version running on the phone is less than 3.24.531.3. This can be checked by going to All apps > Settings > About > Software Information and locate the Software version.
One the version has been confirmed its time to perform the manual system update. Be aware that performing this procedure will delete all information on your device. It is therefore important to make a backup of the data before proceeding.
Steps to manually update the HTC One
- Download and save the HTC One for T-Mobile ROM update to your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
- If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
- Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC One for T-Mobile ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
- Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
- Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
- Once the initial setup process is complete, the device is ready for use.
For T-Mobile customers who have rooted their HTC One and want to revert back to stock this is also the same procedure that must be performed.