Last month a new software update became available to the T-Mobile Moto X that included camera improvements and other tweaks. This update has become available today to AT&T Moto X owners as the carrier is currently rolling it out. Starting October 4 owners of this device will be able to get the update with its changelog listed below.
- Camera enhancements:
- Enhanced camera auto-white balance performance and color accuracy.
- Improved exposure when taking photos outside or backlit, and improved clarity in low light.
- Faster touch-to-focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light or scenes with continuous motion.
- Faster response and improved accuracy when using Touchless Control and easier set up and training of the “Ok Google Now” trigger.
- Enhanced transfer of content from old phone to new phone using Motorola Migrate.
- Fine-tuned feature that allows you to find phone when it is lost that sometimes prevented a lost phone from reporting its location.
This is an important update which owners of the Moto X should get immediately. You will be able to see the update on your notification bar. If it’s still not showing then you can check on it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Download > Install on your device.
Once the installation has finished the device will reboot automatically after which you will now have the new update.