The first Android 4.3 upgrade for the HTC One became available last October 2 for Sprint. HTC promised that by the middle of this month the upgrade will also become available for AT&T. The company has made good on its promise as the update has gone live and is available OTA. HTC Americas president Jason Mackenzie made a Twitter update saying that “AT&T 4.3 update has officially begun to push. You should see it thru the ATT sw update.”
Software version 3.17.502.3 should now be available which can be checked using the AT&T Software Update. It’s around 567MB in size which might take a while to download depending on the connection speed. The update brings the device to Android 4.3 and also includes enhancements to Sense 5.
The changelog of the AT&T update is as follows
- Improved notification bar with quick access to many of the most popular settings.
- The integration of Instagram into HTC BlinkFeed.
- The ability to lock the camera focus and exposure on a specific target within the viewfinder.
- An updated HTC gallery user experience.
- HTC Zoe updates that include the option to change the file format of Zoe capture to a 3-second MP4 video and one second still JPG photo. This change will significantly reduce the amount of storage space used when capturing Zoe shots.
- Updated visualizer features within the HTC Music app.
- The ability to add widgets to the lock screen.
- New home key secondary functions to quickly access either Google Now or the menu.
- New settings for the battery percentage notification.
If you own the AT&T HTC One then check out the update right now and give us a feedback on how it performs.