Sony is going to be unveiling their new line of imaging products tomorrow (September 4 at 4pm London time) but as early as now its price, specs and even promotional video have already leaked out. The information came from one of the company’s websites which has already been removed. We however have taken note of the information from the site regarding the QX10 and QX100.
Patrick Huang, director of the Cyber-shot business at Sony said in a press release that “With the new QX100 and QX10 cameras, we are making it easier for the ever-growing population of ‘mobile photographers’ to capture far superior, higher-quality content without sacrificing the convenience and accessibility of their existing mobile network or the familiar ‘phone-style’ shooting experience that they’ve grown accustomed to. We feel that these new products represent not only an evolution for the digital camera business, but a revolution in terms of redefining how cameras and smartphones can cooperatively flourish in today’s market.”
The Cyber-shot QX100 and QX10 can easily transform any smartphone into a powerful photographic tool. Both models easily attach to any smartphone with an adjustable mechanical adapter. It can even be held separately in a person’s hand or even mounted to a tripod. It connects to any Android device using Wi-Fi running on Honeycomb and above. The connection can easily be initiated by simply bumping the lens to the smartphone thanks to its NFC feature.
- Premium, high-quality 1.0 inch, 20.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor (the same used in Cyber-shot RX100 II camera)
- Fast, wide-aperture Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 3.6x optical zoom
- BIONZ image processor
- Dedicated control ring
- Various shooting modes such as Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Intelligent Auto and Superior Auto
- 18.2 effective megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 10x optical zoom Sony G Lens
- Weighs less than 4 oz.
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot
- Program Auto, Intelligent Auto and Superior Auto modes
Both models will become available in the market this month with the QX100 priced at $500 and the QX10 priced at $250.