Samsung has just begun rolling out the Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet from 2012. It’s good to see the company rolling out the update despite launching newer tablets like the Galaxy Tab 3. The update seems to have gone live only for the Wi-Fi variants for the time being, with no word on the cellular variants just yet.
The update as one would expect, fixes quite a few bugs and introduces a plethora of new features. There will be some noticeable differences compared to Android 4.1 so Samsung has published the full change log.
- New lock screen style: electronic gadgets
- Added display the battery meter in the status bar options
- New sleep mode switch
- Quick Settings panel: use two-finger gestures with 12 sliding open the Notifications panel fast setting
- AE / AF lock: Long tap the screen shot on the screen to start the exposure / focus lock function
- Video Highlights living micro film: With 12 kinds of styles of music themes, automatically edited into a stunning 30 seconds video
- Music Channel: You can view the lyrics and music visualization screen * (* support content based on actual lyrics database shall prevail)
- Support more Chinese words
The update has been spotted in Australia as of now, but it should hit other regions of the globe in a matter of few days.
Source: XDA Developers
Via: Cult of Android