Omate TrueSmart is a Kickstarter funded project that is described as a truly standalone water-resistant smartwatch. While other upcoming smartwatch models need a smartphone to fully use all of their features the TrueSmart can work independently allowing the owner to connect to a 3G network, place calls and even send out text messages.
The team behind this device has recently announced that they are upgrading the specs from a base RAM of 512 MB to 1 GB and a storage increase from 4 GB to 8 GB. A lot of people have been requesting for these upgraded specs and Omate has listened. The 1 GB RAM option will be available to everyone however the 8 GB storage option is only available for the December shipments of the device.
To be able to get this upgraded device backers simply have to pledge an amount of $249 or more. This will allow them to own the Omate TrueSmart 1Gb/8Gb Edition with an expected delivery date of December of this year. Only 500 people will be given the chance to own this edition and as of this writing there are only 271 slots left.
- Dual Core Cortex A7 – 1.3GHz
- Omate UI 1.0 / Android 4.2.2
- 1.54’’ TFT by LG display (240 x 240)
- Multi-touch Capacitive Touch Screen
- 2G Quad Band: 900/1800/ 850/1900 GSM, GPRS, EDGE
- 3G Mono band
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Embedded 5Mpixel camera
- Audio Speaker & Microphone
- Memory: 512MB + 4GB + (expandable by microSD 8/16/32GB)
- Micro SIM card
- 600 mAh battery: up to 100 hours standby time
- Messaging Hub: SMS/MMS/Email/SNS
- G-sensor (Accelerometer), E-Compass, Gyroscope, IP67
- Vibration alert
- Full set of pre-qualified Android applications
- Over-the-Air (OTA) system firmware update
Aside from these new announcements Omate has also said that all TrueSmart units will come with sapphire crystal glass displays. It will also ship out with access to Google Play Apps Store and will be capable of 720p video recording.