Aside from producing high quality smartphones with high specifications, HTC is also determined to produce smartphones that could be used in living rooms to compliment entertainment hubs. Such is the case with the manufacturer’s flagship, HTC One, and the new HTC Butterfly S, which can be used as remote controls and TV guides.
But just like any other smartphones in the market today, these devices are not exempted from problems. In the case of Butterfly S, one of the most common problems with its entertainment features is that sometimes it fails to display correct TV Program list. To correct this issue, you need to do the following:
Reboot the phone. This is the very first step you should do the first time you noticed your Butterfly S is displaying wrong information or out of date TV programs. Doing this step will eliminate the possibility of corrupt data or conflicts with third-party applications. Press and hold the power button > choose Restart in phone options window.
Turn mobile data / WiFi on. Data or internet connection is required for this feature to work so make sure you turn the mobile data on or the WiFi. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings on the upper right corner>make sure “Mobile network” / “Wi-Fi” is “On”.
Setup TV app again. Just to make sure everything is properly set, try setting up the TV application once again. Here’s how:
- Launch TV app.
- Choose your location and tap Next. Depending on your location, you may be asked to enter your postal code or select your region.
- Select your cable provider and tap Next. Your cable or service provider may not be supported by the TV app.
- Now choose the channels you subscribed for and tap Next. Otherwise, let the TV app select the channels and tap Skip.
- You may now choose your video on demand services and tap Next. The available video on demand services depend on your location.
- Tap the heart icon next to your favorite shows, or enter the show’s name and tap the heart icon.
- Tap Finish.
Having problems with your phone?
Tell us about them by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include as much details as possible so that we could understand the problem well and find the best solutions for you. If you can share a screenshot or two, that would be better.
We may not be able to respond to every email we receive but rest assured we do read them… yes, all of them even if some do look like spams.