One of the most common problems Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini owners were complaining was not being able to send or receive email messages. This problem covers POP3, IMAP and Corporate E-mail issues and while it is often easier to troubleshoot these kinds of problems, others may find it very hassling. This troubleshooting guide is for owners who do not know where to start looking. But before anything else, here is a couple of email messages we received from our readers.
Galaxy S3 Mini POP3 Email Problem
I’m not sure if you’ve already encountered a problem like this but email suddenly stopped receiving messages. I tried sending one to my wife but it didn’t go through. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and I never had a problem until about a week ago. By the way, I’m using a Gmail account.
I don’t let anybody touch my phone because there are some sensitive information in it so I’m pretty sure no one changed the settings. It just broke down and stopped receiving my emails. If you’d be so kind to walk me through in fixing this problem, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks.
Galaxy S3 Mini Corporate E-Mail Problem
Please help me with my problem.
I’ve been using an email account provided by my company. Everything was working fine since 3 days ago. For some reason, I can’t receive my emails on my Galaxy S3 mini but I can receive them through my computer in my office.
Just a background, I haven’t setup my email on my phone, our tech support did so I don’t know how it works.. Plus, I’m not really a techie person. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
Before You Begin
It is tempting to immediately troubleshoot the problem, however, you have to do some checking before you go any further. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check the data coverage indicator.
- Ensure that flight mode is disabled.
- Power cycle the device and Check SIM (if applicable).
- If NO icon is present, contact the carrier to determine if there is a network outage in the area.
- If the indicator is present, proceed with troubleshooting the type of protocol you are using below.
Troubleshooting POP3/IMAP Email Accounts on Galaxy S3 Mini
- Check to see if your phone is configured to receive email.
- Using webmail, login to your account to check if your credentials are correct.
- If you can login to your account, create a test message and send it to yourself to check if you can send and receive at the same time.
- Logout from webmail.
- Going back to your phone, check both incoming and outgoing server settings using the credentials you just used on webmail.
- If you can login successfully, create a test message once again. Otherwise, double-check your credentials and server settings.
- Lastly, if everything else fails, clear the email app’s cache and data and setup your account again.
Troubleshooting Corporate Email Accounts on Galaxy S3 Mini
Troubleshooting a corporate email could be a bit complicated, but to make it simpler for you, here’s what you need to do.
- Verify your login credentials. If you can’t, contact your company’s tech support.
- Make sure the sync feature is enabled for Email.
- Make sure proper sync settings are configured.
- Try doing a manual syncing of your email account.
- Reboot your phone.
- If everything else fails, clear the email app’s cache and data and setup your account again.
Having problems with your phone?
Tell us about them by emailing us at [email protected] Make sure to include as much details as possible so that we could understand the problem well and find the best solutions for you. If you can share a screenshot or two, that would be better.
We may not be able to respond to every email we receive but rest assured we do read them… yes, all of them even if some do look like spams.