The Galaxy S4 definitely deserves its status as the flagship smartphone of Samsung. This is because of its numerous features that are definitely quite useful and more enhanced compatibility with other devices as compared to other smartphones.
So, to make your Galaxy S4 experience more fun, we will show you how you can use the Galaxy S4 as hotspot for the Xbox 360 and how to use its controller to play your favorite games in Android.
Using the Galaxy S4 as Hotspot for Xbox 360
Utilizing the Galaxy S4 as a WiFi hotspot for your Xbox 360 is easy even without a personal hotspot app. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
1. Slide down the Notification tray.
2. Go to Connections.
3. Select Tethering and Portable Hotspot.
4. Turn the switch of Mobile Hotspot to On.
5. Take note of the settings and the login details provided there. You can also configure the access details to prevent unauthorized access into your connection.
6. Go to the Settings of the Xbox 360.
7. Choose System.
8. Proceed to Network Settings.
9. From there, set the wireless network of your Galaxy S4 and enter the required details. If you cannot find the wireless network of your Galaxy S4, select Advanced Settings and manually enter the information related to the Galaxy S4 hotspot.
How to Connect the Xbox 360 Controller to Samsung Galaxy S4
There are some games in the Android Play Store where you can find the Xbox 360 quite handy like Grand Theft Auto 3, Max Payne and others. So, if you want to enhance your gaming experience with your Galaxy S4, here is a way to easily use the Xbox 360 controller with it:
1. First, make sure that you have the OTG cable. This can be bought in Amazon for just about $10.
2. Plug in your Xbox 360 controller to the port of the OTG cable and then tether the other end to your Galaxy S4.
3. The configuration will be made automatically for you so all you have to do is wait.
4. For improved gaming experience, make sure that your phone is under game mode when using your controller.
Here is a video that demonstrates how you can play games in your Galaxy S4 using your Xbox 360 controller:
For more questions or for tips that you want to share to us about Android phones email us at [email protected].