You’ve probably heard the news about most of the major manufacturers about to release their smartwatch models. These devices do more than just tell the time as they can connect to smartphones giving them additional features. It is expected that there will be an increased demand for this type of wearable device in the coming months.
If everything goes according to plan one smartwatch aims to stand above the rest by being able to work independently from a smartphone. Omate TrueSmart is a water-proof smartwatch that can work with a smartphone or even without one. It has all of the features that you would find in a smartphone such as Voice call, text messaging, social media messaging, sports apps, tracking, SOS device, GPS navigation, gesture control, voice control, voice-to-text, weather, music player, world clock functions, calendar alarms, and voice notes.
The Omate TrueSmart is a Kickstarter project that aims to raise $100,000 which it already has. It is still on its second day of fund raising with 28 days left to go and 1,079 have already pledged a total amount of $209,827 which is more than double of the intended target.
Probably the two best features of this device is that it is waterproof and that it can operate independently.
- Dual Core Cortex A7 – 1.3GHz
- Omate UI 1.0 / Android 4.2.2
- 1.54’’ TFT by LG display (240 x 240)
- Multi-touch Capacitive Touch Screen
- 2G GSM: GPRS class 12 EDGE Multi-Slot Class 12
- 3G WCDMA: HSPA 7.2Mbps/5.76Mbps
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Embedded 5Mpixel camera
- Audio Speaker & Microphone
- Memory: 512MB + 4GB + (expandable by microSD 8/16/32GB)
- Micro SIM card
- 600 mAh battery: up to 100 hours standby time
- Messaging Hub: SMS/MMS/Email/SNS
- G-sensor, E-Compass, Gyroscope, IP67
- Vibration alert
- Full set of pre-qualified Android applications
- Over-the-Air (OTA) system firmware update
Right now the lowest pledge you can make to get the smartwatch is $189 which will be shipped out by November of this year.