LG has been on the spotlight lately due to its unveiling of its high end LG G2 device. One the opposite end of the spectrum the company is also coming up with an entry level Android smartphone that’s affordable and will be targeting emerging markets. The company announced the LG Optimus L1 II which is a new model in their L Series II lineup.
The LG Optimus L1 II is as basic as it gets. There’s nothing fancy in here but consumers can expect a solid device that they can use on a daily basis. All of the basic functions are covered by this device such as calls, texts, 3G connectivity, photo and video recording. There’s even an FM radio included so you can tune in to the latest news and music in your area.
LG Optimus L1 II Technical Specifications
- 3.0-inch (320 x 240 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7225Aprocessor
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2 MP fixed focus camera with VGA video recording
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with recording
- 12.2 mm thick
- 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, expandable memory up to 32 GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS
- 1540 mAh battery
It’s going to come with some of LG’s software such as QuickMemo and Cheese Shutter. Its use of a 3 inch display might not be too small for today’s smartphone standards but this size may just be the right size for some people.
This device is expected to go on sale in Vietnam soon for 1,990,000 Vietnamese Dongs or $94. It is also expected to go on sale in several selected countries including Russia, UK and India. As far as color availability goes it’s going to come in either black or white.