Sony Mobile Hong Kong officially announced through their Facebook account that the Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6802/XL39h) will be available at the end of the month. The device will be selling in Hong Kong for HK$6,198 (£525, €609, $799). Sony will also be bundling the device with a protective case worth HK$298 for a limited time only.
This coming September the LTE version of the Xperia Z Ultra (C6833) will be sold in Hong Kong with an estimated retail price of HK$6,398 (£542, €629, $824).This is the time when the device will be making its way to the European market.
Sony first announced the Xperia Z Ultra last month saying that it is “the world’s slimmest Full HD smartphone”. Its 6.5 mm thin body holds a 6.4 inch Full HD TRILUMINOS Display. It is also IP58 certified making it able to withstand being submerged under 1.5 meters of water for up to 30 minutes.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra Technical Specifications
- OS: Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Display: 6.4 inches full-HD Triluminos, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 344 ppi
- CPU: Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Card Slot: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, [email protected], video stabilization, HDR
- Front Camera: 2 MP, [email protected]
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
- Battery: Li-Ion 3050 mAh
This huge smartphone has a size that comes close to being a small tablet. Despite having a large screen its slim profile makes it very beautiful. You will enjoy full telephony features with this device which even includes HD voice for crystal clear reception when making calls.
The use of a Triluminos display makes it able to display a wider range of colors compared to a regular LCD screen. The company has also included the X-Reality image processor, the successor to the Bravia Engine, which helps to enhance images.
Another cool feature of this device is that users will be able to use any pen or pencil as a stylus. While capacitive styluses work as well, an ordinary pen or pencil is easier to come by.
What is probably one of the highlights of this device is its IP58 certification. This allows you to bring the device with you in any water-based activity without fear of damaging it.