The Sony Xperia Z has already been available in the US via the Sony Store since last week however the bulk of its sales might come from T-Mobile. The carrier has locked up the exclusive launch of the device and is now ready for pre-orders until today at their website. It’s going to be officially on sale starting June 17. Those who pre-order the device will also be getting a free Sony Wireless Bluetooth Speaker which is valued at $69.99 as well as free overnight shipping.
T-Mobile is offering the Sony Xperia Z for a downpayment of $99.99 and monthly payments of $20 for 24 months. The device can also be purchased outright for $579.99. You’ll also have to pair this device with one of the carrier’s plans. One of the highly recommended plans is the Simple Choice plan that gives consumers unlimited talk, text, as well as unlimited nationwide 4G for only $70 a month. The best part of this is that there’s no annual contract involved with this plan.
There are two color options to choose from, black or purple.
If you are thinking of getting this device and paying for it outright then you can always order it online directly from the Sony Store and still get the free Bluetooth speaker.
Sony Xperia Z Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 5″ 16M-color 1080p capacitive touchscreen, 441ppi pixel density; Bravia Mobile Engine 2
- Android OS v4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geo-tagging, HDR
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- 2.2 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- IP 57 certification – dust resistant and water resistant
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 16GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Glass front and back panels
What makes the Sony Xperia Z special is that it is a rugged device that is IP57 certified making it resistant to dust and water. You will be able to bring this high-end smartphone with you to the beach without fear of water-damage.
While it uses a glass front and back panel which might seem delicate Sony says that it is scratch resistant. Its build quality is excellent and feels quite sturdy when held.
If you are looking for a high-end android device then you might want to check out this new T-mobile offer.