Last month Samsung announced a budget Galaxy smartphone that is an upgrade to its predecessor. The Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is an updated version of the popular mid-range Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. The noticeable improvement made is on the display which had a 0.2 inch bump up making it 4 inches. The processor used is also a bit faster now which is a 1GHz dual-core.
Samsung previously announced that the Galaxy Ace 3 will be released this quarter and it seems like various retailers in the US now have the device on stock. The unlocked 3G version of the device is selling for $300 at Popular Electronics. It’s also available at a cheaper price of $281.50 at Negri Electronics. The most expensive selling price for this device is $399.99 over at Overseas Electronics.
For those living in the UK the device is now ready for pre-order at Clove for £199.99 and at Expansys for £304.99. It is expected to be shipped out this coming September.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Technical Specifications
- GENERAL 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density)
- microSD up to 64 GB
- Internal 4 GB (3G) / 8 GB (LTE), 1 GB RAM
- Speed HSDPA, 14.4 Mbps (3G) / 42.2 Mbps (LTE); HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP
- NFC Yes (LTE model only)
- CAMERA Primary 5 MP, 2592×1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features Geo-tagging, face and smile detection
- [email protected] video
- Secondary VGA camera
- Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU Dual-core 1 GHz (3G) / Dual-core 1.2 GHz (LTE)
- Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- BATTERY Li-Ion 1500 (3G) / 1800 (LTE) mAh battery
If you are looking for a great mid-range Android smartphone then you may want to check out this model.