Are you tired of the stock Android look and feel on your HTC One? If you are adventurous, you might want to try changing ROMs. XDA forum member adyscorpius has released the Miui V5 ROM that works with the HTC One. While this might not be for everyone it sure does look beautiful and gives your device a unique look.
For those who don’t know yet, Miui is an aftermarket ROM that is based on CyanogenMod. It is a Chinese developed ROM that was originally used for Xiaomi Android devices. Because of its excellent features, it soon found its way into other devices. One advantage of this ROM is its speed, thus you will immediately feel the difference once you use your device.
While Miui V5 is now available for the HTC One, adyscorpius says that there are still a few bugs that needs to be ironed out and will get fixed by next week. Some of the bugs are listed below.
- NFC maybe, not tested!
- Bluetooth (similar to CM)
- Signal strength shown needs to be fixed. RIL is fine otherwise.
- Xposed Installer isn’t compatible with MIUI because they both make changes at the same location. Avoid using it or you might end up with bootloops.
If you are interested in using this ROM then I suggest you backup your data first.
You will first need to have your device rooted, have the bootloader unlocked, and flash a custom recovery. Of course, all of these will void your warranty.
Here’s how to install Miui 5 on your HTC One
- Push zip file to sdcard or Download on phone
- Download Gapps
- Reboot to recovery.
- Wipe data (Factory Reset)
- Flash both the zip files. Flash any other zip files of your choice
The links to the files that you will need can be found at the original forum post.