Some Samsung Galaxy S3 owners have been having trouble updating the firmware of their devices. The possible causes of the problem are connectivity issues and minor glitches in the phone.
Solutions to the Galaxy S3 Firmware Installation Problem
So, before anything else, check if you are connected online via Wi-Fi or that you have sufficient mobile data allowance to access the Internet.
If there’s no problem with your connection, try restarting your Galaxy S3 to eliminate bugs in the system hindering you from getting the update. Disable also the apps that are suspicious in nature which may interfere with the update process.
Another way to solve the glitch is by performing a hard reset using the steps in this article under the Other Causes section.
Installing the Galaxy S3 Update Over-The-Air (OTA)
Once you have the notification that updates are available for your Galaxy S3, you can now install its recent firmware update by doing the following steps:
1. Ensure that you are connected via Wi-Fi. You can do this by pulling down the notification window and by tapping the Wi-Fi icon. You can still update using the Internet provided by your carrier but this can be really expensive if you are not on a data plan. Do not forget to backup your data also as a precautionary measure.
2. To proceed, press the Menu button.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Choose About Device.
5. Tap the Software Update option.
6. Select Update and you will see a Connecting to Server message. Then, your screen will black out for a moment. After that, a download status will show. For best results, do not do anything until the download finishes.
7. When the update is done, you will now have an option to install it. So, just tap the Install button on the screen. Once your device reboots, the update is finished.
You can check whether the update installation pushed through or not by performing steps 1 to 3. From there, you can see the Android version that you are currently running.
Manually Installing the Galaxy S3 Firmware Update
If that does not work, try the alternative procedures from our previous article.
For Questions and Suggestions
I hope that the information provided here somehow helped. For more questions, write to us at email@example.com. Just be detailed as much as possible in your questions so we can effectively pinpoint your problem and help you find the right solution for it.
Users who have something to contribute on the subject can also share their views and suggestions via email or on the comment box below.