HTC’s upcoming mid-range device that’s based on their current flagship model is now available for pre-orders in the UK. The HTC One Mini which was announced early this July has a striking similarity in the way it looks to its bigger brother. This is however as far as the similarities goes as the insides of the device is different.
Two popular UK online retailers have already listed the device in their sites. Unlocked Mobiles has it priced at £364.98 while Clove has it priced at £379.99, both prices already with VAT. The prices are not final yet and may change soon. Clove has not announced any specific release date yet however Unlocked Mobiles has it listed as August 12. Those who wish to pre-order will be getting a SIM-free, unlocked device which can be used in any GSM network all over the world.
HTC One Mini Technical Specifications
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Sense 5
- General: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, quad-band UMTS/HSPA, LTE
- Display: 4.3″ 16M-color 720p (720 x 1280 pixels) Super LCD 2 capacitive touchscreen, 341ppi pixel density; Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, Dual-core 1.4 GHz Krait 300, 1GB RAM, Adreno 305
- Memory: 16GB storage
- Camera: 4 megapixel auto-focus camera with ultra-pixels; LED flash
- Video camera: Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps with HDR
- Front camera: 1.6MP front-facing camera; 720p@30fps video
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL and USB host, GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 1,800mAh Li-Po
- Misc: Aluminum unibody with polycarbonate frame, Beats Audio, BoomSound stereo speakers on the front, HTC Zoe
The HTC One Mini borrows a lot of its physical design from the HTC One. It even uses the same aluminum unibody. It also shares common features however what’s noticeably lacking is the IR Blaster which would have been a great feature since you wouldn’t need a TV remote. NFC is also not present in this device.
HTC made a lot of cuts in creating the Mini such as using a less powerful processor, lower RAM and internal storage space, lower screen resolution and no optical image stabilization.
If you want to be one of the first people in the UK to own this device then head out over to either Clove or Unlocked Mobiles and pre-order the device.