The Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One may have rolled for over a week in Europe but the UK was not included. Today marks the official launch of the new update for British owners of the HTC One as announced by the company’s UK Twitter account.
This is a hefty update coming in at 416.5 MB and comes with new features for your device. You can check your device if the update is available by going to Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now. Right now British One and Three UK have confirmed that the update is already rolling out.
Android 4.2.2 brings in a bunch of new features which are
- Fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs
- Long-pressing the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings now toggles the on/off state
- New download notifications, which now shows the percentage and estimated time remaining for active app downloads
- New sounds for wireless charging and low battery
- New Gallery app animation allows faster loading
- USB debug whitelist
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
For the HTC One, the update also brings in new features such as
- Android 4.2.2 update (includes Daydream, Photo Sphere, lockscreen enchantments)
- Launcher bar enhancement
- Widget panel rearrangement
- New Lock screen style widget
- Enhanced Home button behavior
- Home button options added to make navigation menu bar removable
- Show battery level in status bar
- Quick settings panel: 12 default settings by new touch gesture
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus on viewfinder screen
- Zoe: New Zoe file format for better file management
- Video Highlights: Add 6 extra themes
- Music channel: Seeks, fast forward/rewind functions added
Aside from the UK HTC has also announced in their Twitter account that the update is also rolling out in Spain and Ireland.
If you own the HTC One and live in the above mentioned territories then you might want to check your device for any updates.