Powerful smartphones like HTC One may be able to handle everything a user may throw at them but there would always come a time when they fail to accomplish one thing they are tasked to do. One of the common areas where these phones often fail is connectivity.
There were a lot of HTC One owners complaining not being able to send and/or receive MMS messages. The problem is vague because it may be caused a network glitch, wrong settings, and any underlying problems originated in the phone itself. The following are our recommendations on what you should do to be able to learn what causes the problem and successfully troubleshoot it.
Turn On Mobile Data. MMS uses mobile data so it is the first thing you need to look at when things like this happen. Perhaps, the mobile data toggle was set to off for some reason. If it was the case, turning it back on would allow you to send MMS.
- Slide down the notification panel.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Tap the Mobile data on.
Soft Reset Your Phone. A soft reset is basically a reboot but it would include draining off stored energy in the phone’s components so as to clear off some volatile data that were stored during normal operation. Here’s what you should do:
- Turn the phone off.
- Take the back panel and the battery off.
- Leave the phone without its battery for at least 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery and turn the phone on.
Now, try to see if you can send MMS or receive the ones sent by your friends.
Call Technical Support. One way to confirm if there are some issues on the network side is to call tech support and ask about it. Basically, it’s not just the network you should ask about but also if there were recent changes to the carrier’s APN settings. So, in calling your carrier’s hotline, here are some of the things you may need to ask:
- Call about current outages and whether or not your area is affected.
- Ask if there were changes to the network’s APN settings.
- Inquire about available software updates and whether or not the implementation of the new one affects mobile data network.
- Have the rep indicate in his/her documentation that your phone’s having problem with the mobile network.
- Have the rep confirm the settings in your phone to see if they’re indeed correct and not messed up.
Proper diagnosis of the problem will lead to the resolution of the problem you’re currently experiencing. If all your efforts don’t fix the problem, you better seek help from people who have knowledge about the problem. Not all of us have good experiences with tech support but more often than not, they can help you better.
Email Us Your Problem
Do you have problems with your phone that you don’t how to fix? Tell us about them by sending us emails at [email protected]. We will help you find solutions to your problems, but just be detailed as much as possible so we can help you better.