The new Facebook Beta for Android app has just received an update featuring lots of bug fixes. The app was launched late last month as a means to test out early builds of the Facebook app before it is made public. Users have to sign up for the Beta testing program on Facebook’s Google+ page to use this app, so it’s not accessible by everybody.
The advantage here is that Beta testers get to play around with the app long before the rest of the world gets it. The idea behind this is to remove any bugs if spotted before the final release. This new update doesn’t change the version number so despite all the fixes, it remains on version 3.4. Facebook claims that over 15 bugs have been fixed with the update.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Fixed an issue where timeline profile pictures might not update
- Fixed a crash in the photo picker
- Fixed a crash in the message list view
- Fixed crash when tapping Nearby suggestions
- Fixed an issue preventing image cropping from working in some cases
- Fixed an error that some people saw while sharing feed stories in personal messages
- Fixed an issue that preventing people from turning off Facebook after installing Facebook Home
- Plus more bug fixes
Via: Android Police