The iPhone 5 may have been released for quite some time now but it will soon be making its way to Virgin Mobile as part of the carrier’s prepaid offering. This won’t be the first iPhone model that the company is offering to its customers as they already have the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S.
Virgin Mobile will be offering the iPhone 5 as part of their prepaid plan that is going to start at $35 a month and already comes with 300 anytime minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited data which will be throttled after you reach the 2.5 GB mark. A customer can save $5 from this plan if the bill will be automatically debited from their account each month.
For those who need more minutes there’s the $45 plan which will give 1200 anytime minutes. If this still isn’t enough then you might be want to subscribe to the $55 plan which gives unlimited anytime minutes. A $5 discount applies if the bill is being auto-debited.
The iPhone 5 is expected to cost $550 for the 16 GB model, $650 for the 32 GB model, and $750 for the 64 GB model. Customers will be able to get this starting July 28. Take note though that the 32 GB and 64 GB models are only available through the carrier’s web store.
IPhone 5 Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM and quad-band 3G support, 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- LTE support
- 4″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 640 x 1136 resolution
- Scratch-resistant screen glass, fingerprint-resistant coating
- 1.2GHz dual-core custom-designed CPU
- PowerVR SGX543MP3 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- Apple A6 SoC
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and touch focus
- 1080p video recording at 30fps
- 1.2MP secondary front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; digital compass
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor and a three-axis gyro sensor
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated secondary microphone
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack, stereo Bluetooth v4.0
- Voice recognition, Siri virtual assistant
- FaceTime video calls over Wi-Fi and cellular
If you’re planning to get a prepaid plan then you might want to consider getting the iPhone 5 of Virgin Mobile.