A while ago, we just showed you how to easily install the iOS 7 using your iPhone’s Unique Identifier (UDID) and by signing up for a developer account in the Apple website. But if you find that the new but buggy mobile operating system is not worth your $99 plus the long waiting time for the approval of developer account, the good news is that you can install the iOS 7 without developer account.
Steps to Updgrade
Here is how to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 7 without developer account:
1. The iOS 7 Beta is compatible with iPhones 5, 4 and 4S. The process is also applicable for the iPad 2, Mini, Retina display, and the iPod Touch 5G.
2. Start by connecting your device. Then, update your iTunes and backup all your data. To do this, just go to the Devices section of iTunes, select the device you are using and hit the Back Up button.
3. After that, download the latest version of the iOS 6. The 6.1.4 version for iPhone 5 can be acquired here while the rest that use 6.1.3 can be downloaded here. Just navigate through the webpage of the link until you find the one that corresponds to your unit.
4. Next, get the iOS 7 from here. The data comes in .dmg image file. If you are a Windows user, you will need a DMG-to-ISO for conversion. Then, extract the .ipsw firmware file.
5. In the iTunes app, hold the Shift (Windows users) or Option key (Mac users) and hit the Restore button. iPhone 5 users should choose the iOS 6.1.4 while users of the other compatible devices have to click the iOS 6.1.3.
6. Hold the Shift/Option key again, but this time, press the Update command.
7. Choose iOS 7 Beta 1.
8. From this point, you will be presented with a setup guide which will offer you a step-by-step information on what you have to do next. So, just perform each required task.
That’s it, you now have the iOS 7 without developer account.
Hanzel Anyayahan, one of my college buddies, personally confirmed that the upgrade worked for his iPhone. A couple of comments from the UJailbreakiPhone website also stated that it worked for them.
Despite the success of some users with the upgrade to iOS 7 without developer account, we at The Droid Guy emphasize that the new mobile operating system is currently in its Beta stage. So, this is not something for the weak-hearted since there is a possibility that users will experience a couple of crashes, glitches, faster battery consumption and other flaws. In other words, we cannot guarantee an enhanced user experience with the upgrade especially for something that comes from a third-party source not endorsed by Apple.