One of the most common email problems in Samsung Galaxy S3 is that messages are often deleted after owners open or read them. At first glance, it would seem like a pretty serious problem happening on the Galaxy S3 but it’s not. It’s not even the phone that is to blame but the remote machine or computer where the email account was also setup.
That said, this post will help you resolve the problem but it will guide you through editing the settings in your computer’s email client rather than change something in your phone. It is not a serious problem and anyone can fix it even non-savvy owners.
Here is the actual email we received from one of our readers that is related to this problem:
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and use their Email app to receive my emails from an aol and gmail account.
I receive the emails no problem but as soon as I read them they disappear from the screen which is really annoying as I often read my emails and then want to go back and reply to them later.
My husband has the same phone and uses the same app and his shows read emails. We have the same phone and both use the same app.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Owners using enterprise email accounts are often the victims of this problem (in the case of our reader, it’s AOL and Gmail accounts), which is terribly annoying because they can’t read new messages twice; they are automatically deleted after they were opened. Now, here’s what’s you’re going to do if you’re experiencing this problem.
- Launch the email client in your computer. If you’re using a Windows machine with updated OS, you’re probably using Microsoft Outlook. (In this tutorial, I will use Microsoft Outlook 2010 as an example.)
- Once the client is up and running, click File menu.
- Click Account Settings.
- Choose the email account you set up in your Galaxy S3 and click Change.
- Click More Settings button.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Find “Leave a copy of messages on the server” and make sure it is CHECKED.
- Click OK.
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- Try to re-sync your email in your phone so emails will be downloaded.
- Open any message you want read. Notice it will remain in your inbox after you read it.
If you’re using a different email client, the process is pretty much the same; just edit the settings of the account you setup in your Galaxy S3 to leave copies of messages on the server and that’s it.
Talk To Us
We have a dedicated email address to cater your problems and questions. Email us at [email protected] and tell us about the problems you’re currently experiencing. We may not be able to provide a solution to every question / problem but rest assured we will do our best to find remedies and workarounds. Please be detailed as much as possible so that we could help you better.