BLU Products has a reputation of releasing Android smartphones of amazing quality at affordable prices. Their latest model may not be suited for everyone but it sure does target the female mobile users with its home button that’s made of crystal. The BLU Amour smartphone comes with a Swarovski Zirconia home button and a quilted back design that will appeal to the most discerning women.
According to Samuel Ohev-Zion, CEO of BLU Products, “Swarovski’s image of luxury and appeal is an ideal fit for the BLU Amour Smartphone which is exquisitely designed for modern women. We wanted to provide a distinctive and remarkable device as an alternative for women who are at the center of attention – wherever they may be, and we believe we have done that – to the delight of our customers.”
BLU Amour Technical Specifications
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1900/1900 MHz, 3G HSDPA 7.2Mbps 850/1900
- Display: IPS 4.0″ WVGA, with Curved Glass Touch Panel
- Processor: MediaTek MT6577 1GHZ Dual Core Cortex-A9, with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU
- OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel with LED Flash, Front – VGA, Video Record 720p @ 30fps
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth, Hotspot, micro-USB
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro
- Memory: 4GB internal memory + microSD (up to 32GB), 512mb RAM
- Dimension: 128.5 x 65.5 x 11.6
- Battery: 1600 mAh
The BLU Amour can be classified as a mid-range device. Its 4 inch display has great viewing angles due to the IPS technology it uses. Powering this model is a dual core 1 GHz processor that’s more than capable to handle any app you throw at it. If you’re more inclined to gaming then the PowerVR SGX 531 GPU can boost the performance of the device further.
While the camera can’t record in full HD it does capture videos at 720p at 30fps which is acceptable for most people. The 3 MP camera in front can be used to make video calls as well as self-portraits.
This latest model will be on display at the JCK Las Vegas Show which is one of the premier jewelry events in North America. It will be running from May 31st to June 3rd and this device can be spotted at the Swarovski exhibit.
For those who wish to get this model it is in fact already shipping and will be available unlocked for only $159.00. It can be bought at various online retailers such as Amazon.