Canadian smartphone manufacturer Blackberry is set to release their third smartphone running on the new BlackBerry 10 OS this coming July. The BlackBerry Q5 is a mid-range smartphone that will be sold in select markets worldwide and while it has already made an appearance at the United States FCC it is already available for pre-order in the United Kingdom.
Unlocked Mobiles is now taking pre-orders for a SIM free Blackberry Q5 for £349.98. The device is unlocked which means you can choose which network you want to use it on. While the price may be on the high side considering this is a mid-range device you will be saving a bundle in the long run since you won’t be tied down to a contract with a mobile carrier. It’s also much cheaper than the BlackBerry Q10 making it a perfect choice for individuals who want to try out the BlackBerry OS 10 experience. Customers who pre-order can expect to have their units by mid-July.
BlackBerry Q5 Technical Specifications
- System: GSM Quad Band 850/1800/1900/2100 4G & LTE
- Dimensions: 120 x 66 x 10.8mm
- Software Platform: Blackberry 10.1 Operating System
- Display: 3.1 inch LCD Capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors, QWERTY keyboard
- Resolution: 720 x 720 pixels
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual-core 1.2 GHz
- Memory: 8GB, 2GB RAM
- Camera: 5MP, LED flash, autofocus
- Battery: Li-ion 2180 mAh battery – Non-removable
The Q5 was first revealed by the company last May during the BlackBerry Live Conference. It’s got similar features as the recently released Q10 with both sharing the same display characteristics as well as a full QWERTY keyboard. The Q10 however has a more powerful processor and a better camera.
Some of the features of the Q5 include
- Classic BlackBerry Keyboard with discrete keys that has been re-engineered and elegantly designed
- BlackBerry Time Shift mode and Story Maker
- BBM Video with Screen Share
- BlackBerry Hub
- BlackBerry World
If you are thinking of getting a QWERTY smartphone then the Q5 makes an excellent choice. It runs on the latest BlackBerry OS and it costs less than the company’s high-end models. There are four color options to choose from – black, white, red and pink.
via unlocked mobiles