Verizon has announced that they are taking pre-orders for the BlackBerry Q10 starting today. This QWERTY smartphone running on BlackBerry OS 10 is expected to be launched on the network this coming June 6. Customers who want to avail of the device will have to shell out $199.99 for it and be bound to a two year contract with the network.
There are various plans to choose from to pair with this device. The lowest plan costs only $40 a month that comes with unlimited talk and text with 300 MB of data. The highest plan goes for $375 a month and comes with unlimited calls, text and 50 GB of data.
BlackBerry fans or even those who love using the QWERTY keyboard will definitely love the Q10. It combines the core strength of the company, which is their great keyboard experience, with their new operating system.
When you get the BlackBerry Q10 from Verizon you will have access to all of the BlackBerry services such as BBM chat and BBM video while enjoying 4G LTE connectivity. You’ll also get improved notification features courtesy of the new BlackBerry Hub.
BlackBerry Q10 Technical Specifications
- Display: 3.1”, SuperAMOLED display, 720 x 720 resolution at 330 PPI, Touch On Lens
- Camera: 8MP rear facing camera, Auto Focus, 5X digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording ・2MP front facing camera, 3X digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot up to 64GB
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz ・4G Mobile Hotspot
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS
- Battery: BlackBerry NS1, 2100mAh Removable Battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy ・4G LTE
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 119.6mm x 66.8mm x 10.35mm
If you are looking for a fantastic QWERTY smartphone and don’t mind getting tied down to a two year contract with Verizon then you should definitely consider getting the Q10.