AT&T has started taking pre-registrations on their website for the upcoming BlackBerry Q10. Those who will provide their email address will be notified once the QWERTY equipped smartphone will become available on the second largest carrier in the United States.
Some reports say that people are holding on from purchasing the all touch BlackBerry Z10 in anticipation for this QWERTY model. A poll conducted last week at the BlackBerry Live conference in Orlando indicated that former BlackBerry users are tempted to return back to the platform with the release of the Q10. The poll also indicated that those who are already using BlackBerry devices are more likely to remain loyal to the platform with the release of the QWERTY model.
BlackBerry Q10 Technical Specifications
- Processor: Dual-Core 1.5GHz – Snapdragon S4 Plus
- Display: 3.1”, SuperAMOLED display, 720 x 720 resolution at 330 PPI, Touch On Lens
- Camera: 8MP rear facing camera, Auto Focus, 5X digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording ・2MP front facing camera, 3X digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot up to 64GB
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz ・4G Mobile Hotspot
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS
- Battery: BlackBerry NS1, 2100mAh Removable Battery
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy ・4G LTE
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 119.6mm x 66.8mm x 10.35mm
The BlackBerry Q10 is the first device running on BlackBerry OS 10 that’s going to sport a physical QWERTY keyboard. After releasing the all touch screen Z10 the company is returning to its strength which will definitely attract consumers who refuse to give up on the physical keyboard.
In terms of physical appearance the Q10 closely resembles the company’s previous QWERTY models but as soon as you use it you will see that there’s a huge difference. The use of BlackBerry OS 10 gives this device a new look and feel. It runs amazingly smooth thanks to its software and hardware upgrades.
The Q10 is solidly built with its rear made of a tough glass weave with matte finish. The front houses the touchscreen display and the QWERTY keyboard. On the right side is the volume control key while the left side houses the micro USB sync/charge port and the micro HDMI port. On top of the device is the power button while the bottom houses the speaker.
One thing missing in this device that’s available in older QWERTY models is the trackpad and navigation keys. This does not in any way affect the way you use the device.
If you are interested in getting this model on AT&T then sign up for updates on their website now.