Today, Apple has listed a new 16GB iPod touch on its online store. Earlier when the 5th generation model went for sale, many were disappointed that the company did not provide a 16GB version for the same. Users had only two options, 32GB and 64GB which was naturally priced higher than previous 16Gb models.
However, this new iPod touch seems to be the solution for users looking for a great music player at a limited budget. One can buy the device directly from the online store for $229. As you might have guessed, this is a slightly scaled down version of the 5th generation model. So you won’t be getting a rear camera and you would have to be happy with the 1.2MP HD Facetime camera.
The website states that the device will ship within 24 hours and if you want to pick it up from an Apple retail store, you can do so starting May 31st.
The specs of the device are given below:
- Dual Core A5 processor
- 4 inch retina display with multi-touch IPS technology
- 326 PPI and a resolution of 1136×640
- No Rear Camera
- 1.2MP Facetime Front camera with 720p HD video support (30 frames per second)
- 40 hours of music and 8 hours of video playback
- Bluetooth 4.0 and Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/
- Silver and Black color options
The specs look the same as previous iPod models with the exception of the rear camera.
But would you buy the new 16GB iPod Touch without the 5 MP iSight rear camera?