Sony announced that residents in the United States can now pre-order the Xperia Tablet Z. This tablet was first announced in Japan and revealed at this year’s Mobile World Congress and is said to compete directly with the iPad 4, Google Nexus 10 and the Samsung Galaxy 10. 1.
Those interested in getting the device can head out to Sony’s online store to pre-order it. Two versions are available for you to choose from. There’s the 16 GB Xperia Tablet Z available only in black which costs $499.99 and there’s the 32 GB Xperia Tablet Z which comes in black and white and costs $599.99.
When you choose the 32 GB version of the tablet you also get a free charging cradle which normally costs $44.99.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z Technical Specifications
- OS: Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Networks: UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz ; GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz ; LTE Band I, Band III, Band V, Band VII and Band VIII
- Display: 10.1 inches LED-backlit LCD, 16M colors 1200 x 1920 pixels, 224 ppi
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2 GB
- microSD, up to 64 GB
- Camera: 8.1 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus rear camera ; 2.2 MP front camera
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof)
The Xperia Tablet Z is a remarkably thin tablet with a 10 inch display and weighing just over a pound. It’s also very powerful owing to its use of a quad core processor and 2 GB of RAM.
One of its unique features though is its waterproof and dustproof nature. This allows you to use it while soaked in the rain or even submerge it under 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes without damaging it. You won’t be able to do this with most of the other tablets in the market today.
If you are looking for an excellent Android tablet then you might want to check this model out.