LG’s first smartphone to breach the 5 inch mark will officially be launched in the United States next month. The South Korean company will be launching the LG Optimus G Pro this coming May 1 in a press event to be held in New York City. The event will include a concert by the band Atlas Genius.
Details of the launch are still sketchy as of the moment but there’s a big possibility that the US will be getting the 5.5 inch version which is the one released in South Korea instead of the 5 inch version released in Japan. AT&T is reportedly the carrier that will be releasing this model this coming May 10.
LG Optimus G Pro Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 5.5″ 16M-color 1080p True HD IPS Plus FullHD capacitive touchscreen; works with gloves
- Android OS v4.1.2 Jelly Bean; LG Optimus UI
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with continuous autofocus and stereo sound; HDR mode, Dual recording
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 32GB of built-in storage
- microSD card slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- USB host support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- User-replaceable 3,140mAh Li-Po battery
- Wireless charging support (Qi)
- IR emitter for remote control of home appliances
The LG Optimus G Pro will be up against some of the well-known heavyweights in the US market such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5 and HTC One. The good thing is that this device can compete head on with the flagship models of other manufacturers.
One of the best features of this device is its 5.5 IPS inch display that has a full HD resolution. LG says that it is even better than SuperAMOLED displays and those who have seen it will agree with the company. Any image on the screen looks impressively sharp and is probably because of its pixel density of 400 ppi.
This model is definitely one of the best smartphones coming from LG and its upcoming entry into the US market is highly anticipated.