The Facebook phone has finally become available today. The HTC First is now available exclusively at AT&T for $99 which of course comes with a two year contract. It comes in black, red, white and pale blue. If you’re heavily invested in this social network and if the recent chat heads for Facebook Messenger and the availability of Facebook Home at the Play Store just isn’t enough for you then you might want to check out this device.
The HTC First comes pre-installed with the Facebook Home app and unlike other devices that need to install the app; it’s deeply integrated into the system of the device. You will immediately notice that on devices that install the app only Facebook notifications will appear on the home screen whereas on the HTC First all system notifications will appear.
HTC First Technical Specifications
- Android 4.1
- Facebook Home
- 4.3 inch, HD 720p, 341 PPI
- Qualcomm 8930AA, dual core 1.4 GHz
- 1 GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- LTE: 700/1700/2100 MHz
- Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Gyro sensor
- Tri-axis Accelerometer
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- NFC capable
- Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a//b/g/n
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port
- Built-in dual-microphones
- Speaker with built-in amplifier IC
- 5 MP, BSI sensor, F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens,1080p Full HD video recording
- Front Camera: 1.6 MP BSI front camera (ultrawide angle)
- 2000 mAh Li-polymer battery
The HTC First places Facebook as the top priority. The Facebook Home app allows you to see updates from your friends from the time you turn on your device. It allows you to easily stay connected with your social circles even if you have another app open.
You will be able to pair this device with any of the plans of AT&T that fit your lifestyle. The lowest plan so far is the $39.99 monthly plan that includes 450 anytime minutes as well as 5000 night and weekend minutes.