If you are a proud owner of a LG optimus G on Sprint, then we have some good news for you. Sprint has officially rolled out the next version of android for all of their LG Optimus G devices.
The official sprint twitter account tweeted the following,
“Software update for LG Optimus G brings Android Jellybean and other improvements.”
This news comes after at&t announced that they will be updating their HTC ONE X devices to Jellybean. We also heard about a Jellybean update for Motorola Droid RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX devices.
Sprint’s Optimus G, would be getting the latest version of android 4.1.2 and the update would be rolled out over the air (OTA). So, you just have to check for an update on your device and chances are you will get one pretty soon.
The Enhancements/Fixes as given by the Sprint website are as given below,
– Upgrade to ‘Android 4.1.2 Jellybean’
– ‘Google Now™’ available to users
– ‘Expandable, actionable notifications’ now a feature
– ‘Android Beam™’ to send photos and more
– ‘QuickTranslator’ application downloadable from the Application Manager
– Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering in the graphics pipeline
– ‘User-installable keyboard maps’
– Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis which was not available earlier
– Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
– Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
– Improved voice search
– Improved camera app and performance
– Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
– Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
The software update version is LS970ZVB and the exact installation procedure is given on the sprint community website.
via Sprint Community