Motorola has officially announced that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Droid Razr and the Razr Maxx. This update brings several new features such as Google Now, a new notification bar as well as Google Chrome browser. What have been removed in this update are the My Gallery as well as the My Music app as the company tries to shift its focus to Google’s offerings. The update will be released in phases so if you aren’t seeing it in your device yet then you’ll just have to wait for it.
Update 4.1 or software version 98.72.16.XT912 brings in several enhancements to both devices. Voice Search has been improved to recognize questions asked in the colloquial language. The camera has been improved to have better contrast and detail. The dictionary has also been improved to recognize the next word. The text-to-speech feature now works even without data connection. In the gallery mode, you will be able to zoom out to filmstrip mode where photos can easily be deleted by swiping at them up or down. The notification system has been improved with added actions. Wi-Fi hotspot functionality is also added as well as the Chrome Browser.
The update also brings several fixes which are listed below
- Quick Office: Resolved random instances of Quick Office closing
- Outlook Sync: Faster updates to MS Outlook email & calendar
- 3G & 4G Connectivity: Improved voice and data connectivity quality, reducing instances of losing 3G and 4G services.
- Google Maps: Reduced time needed to access GPS signal.
- Audio Settings: Easier to find and edit Audio Effects settings through the music player.
- Music Playlists: More easily create a music playlist using on-device music player
- Contacts: Contacts will sync more often, eliminating the need to wait for manual or nighttime sync.
- Global Roaming: Improved GSM roaming connectivity for global use.