The wait is over for all the BlackBerry fans in U.S. as BlackBerry Z10 is now available from AT&T. The phone is priced at $199.99 with two-year contract; you can also get a contract-free Z10 for $549 which is not a bad deal. Blackberry specially arranged a launch event at a theatre in New York’s Times Square where rapper Ludacris, hip hop artist Questlove and R&B singer Jenelle Monae performed.
Verizon Wireless will start selling the phone from March 28 while T-Mobile offered Z10 for business customers for a contract price of $249.99 earlier this month but it has not yet announced any availability date. You can head over to Amazon store to order your Z10 before the stock runs out.
The early adopters of BlackBerry Z10 from all over the world seems to be very happy and satisfied with their phone and I am expecting the same in the U.S. too. The U.S. market is considered the key market for BlackBerry where the share for the Canadian company is less than five percent. BlackBerry released Z10 last month in Canada and United Kingdom with its all new OS BlackBerry 10.
Let’s have a look at key features:
- Screen: 4.2-inch touchscreen display with 355 ppi pixel density
- Memory: 16 GB storage with microSD card support up to 64 GB
- Processor: Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor
- GPU: Adreno 225
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Camera: Rear 8 Megapixel camera; 2 Megapixel front facing camera
- Connectivity: 3G/4G LTE connectivity
- OS: BlackBerry 10 OS
- Battery: Removable 1800 mAh battery
- Colours: Black, White