AT&T’s Sony Xperia TL is getting an upgrade from Android Ice Cream Sandwich to Android Jelly Bean (4.1.2) starting today. The update will be pushed OTA and should be received automatically via a notification. If you still haven’t received the notification and want to update your device you can do so by clicking on Settings > About Phone > Software update.
The Jelly Bean update brings several new features and enhancements to the Sony Xperia TL.
- Updated, more intuitive versions of Sony Media apps such as WALKMAN, Album and Movies
- Allows you to view and access all your photos, videos and tunes in one place.
- More personalization options.
- A new home screen that comes with 7 desktop panes, auto-resizable widgets, and actionable notifications.
- Improved app organization and search
- Application tray sorting is that bit breezier – just press and hold on any app – move, add it to your desktop or create a folder within the tray by dropping it on top of another.
- Better camera functionality
- More intuitive viewfinder with the addition of auto scene setting, and the option to switch between front and back camera with a single touch.
- Google Now
AT&T owners of the Xperia TL will now have access to AT&T DriveMode which is an app that helps you avoid texting while you are driving. When you are in a vehicle and it is moving at 25 mph the app immediately sends out an automatic reply to any text message you receive letting the sender know that you are behind the wheel.
The Sony Xperia TL is available from AT&T to new and existing customers for a subsidized price of $49.99 and comes with a two year contract. The device is dubbed as an HD entertainment center owing to its excellent multimedia features. You will be able to shoot a full 1080p HD video using its 13MP fast-capture camera or do 720p video chats using its front camera.