AT&T has finally officially announced the availability of the BlackBerry Z10 on their network. This latest device from BlackBerry will be available starting on March 22 for $199.99 on contract with pre-orders to be open tomorrow. This device will be available to all customers including corporate customers.
According to Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices and Developer Services, AT&T Mobility, “AT&T customers were the first to experience BlackBerry smartphones and services in the U.S. and we are thrilled to bring the next evolution, the BlackBerry Z10, to the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network. Customers who have grown to love the tried and true BlackBerry experience will continue to enjoy the easy typing and the secure platform they expect with a fresh platform that lets them get more out of their smartphone with easy access to all their messages in BlackBerry Hub.”
The BlackBerry Z10 has already been available in more than 20 countries which include Canada and Britain. The delay in launch in the US is primarily due to the longer carrier testing-phase of the device.
Now that the testing is over AT&T will start taking pre-orders this Tuesday.
This latest device from BlackBerry uses the latest OS called BlackBerry 10 which comes with several new features and improvements.
Some of the features AT&T customers are going to enjoy from the Z10 are
- BlackBerry Hub: A central location where you can access emails and conversations
- BlackBerry Touchscreen Keyboard: Adapts to your writing style
- BBM Video and Screen Share: Communicate face to face with friends and easily share content with them
- Time Shift: Captures the moment before and after you click on the shutter
- BlackBerry Story Maker: Allows you to easily create movies
- BlackBerry Balance: Allows you to use your device for work and play without compromising security
This device will also be the first Blackberry model to take advantage of AT&T’s 4G LTE network.