Android Project – Simple Audio Player Application
After our previous tutorial on running the Android SDK emulator, now we are going to explore Android project, along with two sample media player apps that will make use of Android’s Media Class. It’s not a problem if you are new to Android but it would be better if you have some previous knowledge of Java to make things easier.
Opening Eclipse and getting to work.
Since you are opening Eclipse for the first time so you would be having an empty project explorer, but in my case it isn’t.
Now follow the steps to create a new Android project.
- Click on the File menu and select new Android Application Project.
- Now go on and give your project a name, here I am naming it AudioPlayer.
Minimum Required SDK and Target Sdk enables the developer to set his application’s compatibility with Android devices, here my application would be compatible from Android 2.2 (Froyo) to Android 4.1(Jelly Bean).
- Now you will be asked name your main Activity (Activity is like a page in your application, it contains class and the content view) and main layout (it is where you make your application’s GUI).
- Now if you open your project in project explorer you will see project folders such as
- Src(It contains all the activities).
- Res(It contains layouts and drawables).
For this project you should be concerned with these only.
Continue With Audio Player Case Study >>