This post tackles on the most pressing problems Verizon customers have experienced with their Motorola Droid Razr device. It seeks to provide solutions and workarounds rather than complain or criticize the carrier for the problems its customers are experiencing. If you are one of the people who are facing any of the problems mentioned here, then you’re lucky. Otherwise, feel free to send us questions via the email address we provided at the end of this post.
Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Mobile Hotspot Problem
One of the most pressing problems Verizon customers are experiencing right now is the inconsistency of the mobile hotspot service in Droid Razr HD. Many are complaining they have every setting correct in their device but tethering is just not possible. The worst thing is, there was no explanation as to why this problem happened so they were left hanging and guessing what to do. This is what happens according to customers:
- Provisioning Server message pops up.
- The message Turning Mobile Hotspot On shows up.
- A couple of seconds later, the message Turning Off Mobile Hotspot follows.
In its support forum, some representatives suggested steps to resolve this issue. If you are one of the customers who might have been experiencing this problem, you might want to try the instructions below and see if you can bring mobile hotspot to work again.
Step 1: Go to Tethering and Mobile Hotspot settings.
Step 2: Tap on Mobile Hotspot settings.
Step 3: Choose Manage Devices.
Step 4: Now manage all devices sharing the internet connection from your phone; make sure all devices are allowed.
While many customers reported doing the steps above hasn’t resolved their issue, it is still worth a try. After all, that’s the basic thing to do to resolve minor tethering problems. Moreover, let’s wait for the next update Verizon will roll out for this device because it is pretty obvious it is a software-related problem. Owners who have tried installing custom ROMs into their Motorola Droid Razr who are also subscribed to mobile hotspot plan by Verizon are said not having to experience this problem.
Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Media Playback Muted
This may not be a known issue for Motorola Droid Razr phone under Verizon network, but many have actually experienced it. There are no errors, it’s just that the phone behaves in an unusual way sometimes where volumes are messed up. Reports indicate that when playing videos both local and online, users can’t hear audio.
What owners can do is to set volume levels and that would solve the problem.
- Call on System Settings and scroll down a bit.
- Tap on Sound option.
- Choose Volumes.
- Toggle volume levers and set intensities you prefer.
The next time you watch your favorite video, you don’t have to set the volumes again.
Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Won’t Turn On
Many Verizon customers reported their Droid Razr died on them for no apparent reason. The thing is, no one can explain why a problem like this happens and what could have triggered it. So, we really have no clue what to do to make the device come back life and be useful again except for one. Here’s how…
- To make sure the device has enough power to start, it is strongly advised to plug the phone to a power source (you need to use its charger, of course) and leave it for an hour.
- Force reboot the device by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons for 10 to 15 seconds. Don’t worry, it’s just a reboot and you data will never be compromised.
- After doing step 2 and the phone won’t turn back on, try taking off the battery. Yes, yes, it’s not the easiest thing to do but you actually don’t have a choice but to do it. This step has been advised by an XDA developer who said to have experienced this problem before and after he reflashed the stock ROM. For Droid phones, taking off the battery often resolves many problems, he said. So, it’s worth the try.
- After you’ve taken the battery out, leave the device without it for a minute. Then, re-insert the battery and repeat step 2.
- If you’ve done all these and still the device won’t turn on, call Verizon and try reps’ suggestions.
Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Email Not Refreshing
Another thing Verizon customers have been complaining about is the problem that includes their email not refreshing in their devices. We may have the tendency to immediately blame Verizon for it but the fact it, it is not actually a Verizon-specific problem. It happens to many Android users every day and the good news is, it is easier to fix than you think.
To fix this problem, users need to clear all data in the Email app and force close it. So, it is advisable you have a backup of all your emails so you can sync them back when everything works fine.
- Call on system Settings app.
- Browse through the list of options and find Applications.
- Tap on All tab and scroll down a little to find Email app. Tap on it.
- Now tap on that Clear Data button you find, then the Force Close button.
- Launch Email app from the Home screen and setup your email again.
This problem often occurs to people using Yahoo! Mail and AOL.
Verizon Motorola Droid Razr Can’t Transfer Picture To SD Card
The reality with this phone is that before the Jelly Bean update, it was easier to transfer files from the phone’s internal memory to the SD card. So now, people who were used to using Ice Cream Sandwich have a hard time locating functions they often use before and one of those is the option to transfer pictures and media files to an external storage device.
- Tap on Menu button from the Home screen.
- Choose the icon/button that says Files, then select Device storage.
- Locate your pictures and choose the ones you want transferred. Hold your selection until they are highlighted.
- At the bottom, you will find a console with buttons/icons on it. Choose the icon with a box and an arrow pointing right. You will see a flashing message that says Locate A Destination.
- Now choose 1 Selected option then pick SD Card.
That’s the most difficult way to transfer pictures. The easiest way is to plug your phone to a computer and simply move your pictures from the internal memory to the SD Card.
For people who might be wondering how to easily export photos to their computer, the easiest way to do it is sync the phone with a Google Plus account or in Picasa. Photos can then be downloaded anytime, anywhere.
Do you have questions in mind? Email us at [email protected] and will do our best to find solutions to your problems.
The best way to reach us would be to post your questions or comments on our forum at forums.thedroidguy.com. Simply register for an account and post your issues or questions, we will try our best to answer as much as we possibly can.
[easyazon-block align="center" asin="B0072JP5KM" locale="us"]
[easyazon-cta align="center" asin="B0072JP5KM" height="42" key="amazon-us-tall-orange" locale="us" width="120"]