There are a lot of activities that are happening today at the MWC. Over at the ZTE booth the company has just officially launched the ZTE Grand Memo which has a massive 5.7 inch display. The company says that it offers a balance between the portability of a smartphone and the better viewing experience of a tablet.
ZTE Grand Memo Technical Specifications
- Android 4.1 Jelly bean
- 5.7inch, HD,TFT, 16M color, 1280×720 pixels multi-touch capacitive screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with quad-core Krait CPUs
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Rom
- 3200mAh super-long standby battery
- Mifavour UI user interface
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gyro
- LTE 100/50Mbps
- 13MP Intelligent AF Camera with face recognition and panorama,1MP front-facing camera, 1080p HD video playback
The specifications are high end and can definitely hold out on its own against its competition. According to He Shiyou, ZTE EVP, “We have really tried to make this device fun for use at home, and practical for use in the office. By combining both of these factors, we have created a well-rounded large-screen handset that is suitable for any situation. It’s perfect for videos, gaming and music, and also for sending e-mails, checking news and making calls on the go. For those with a busy lifestyle, the ZTE Grand Memo will be indispensable.”
The Grand Memo has the distinction of being the first device to be powered by the Snapdragon 800 processor. This means that it is going to be great when used in gaming as well as any multimedia purpose.
In terms of build quality this device uses plastic. It does not have the premium feel of aluminum but then it is still pretty solid. At 5.7 inches the device fits nicely into the hand and can be operated single handedly.
ZTE says that they will be releasing this device on the second quarter of this year. There’s no information yet as to when this will be appearing in the US market as the target right now is China and Europe.