Sony has finally revealed its flagship device for this year, the Sony Xperia Z handset. After several speculations, the specs were revealed at CES 2013 that is taking place at Las Vegas. Sony also introduced the public to the new Xperia ZL, which is another high-end smartphone with the same display, camera and processor as the Xperia Z. Coming to the launch date, Sony has so far only confirmed that they are targeting a Q1 2013 launch, but as you know there are a lot of industry sources leaking information, in fact all the specs which were leaked prior to the launch were correct.
According to unofficial reports from Phones4U, the device will be launched in the UK on March 1. Since Sony has said that they will be launching the flagship devices in Q1 2013 launch, Phones4U’s own launch date are in agreement with that. If you were expecting to have your hands on the device earlier than March, folks at Carphone Warehouse have got a better date for you. According to claims made by them, they will be stocking the handset from mid-February, however, they haven’t made it clear whether they will be fulfilling the pre orders before March. Pricing hasn’t been revealed by Sony, and neither of the retailer has any information on the same.
Coming to carrier, all the big UK carriers including Vodafone, Three and O2 have confirmed that they will be indeed carrying the flagship device, however neither of them have revealed when it is going to happen or any pricing information. O2 in fact tweeted a registration page today where you can show your interest in having the device for yourself.
As far as the device itself goes, the Japanese company claims that the device will deliver the “ultimate viewing experience”. Sure it will because it comes with a 5-inch full HD Reality Display which has a full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920. In addition to the amazing screen, Sony has also incorporated the Mobile Bravia Engine 2, which is the smartphone version of the technology that is used in successful Sony’s TV sets.
Below is the spec sheet of 2013 Sony Xperia Z flagship smartphone:
• Processor: 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core chip
• Screen: 5-inch Full HD (1080×1920) Reality Display with Mobile Bravia Engine 2
• Memory: 2GB RAM
• Storage: 16GB internal, microSD slot up to 32GB
• Camera: 13-megapixel sensor with HDR for stills and video, face detection and flash, 2.1-megapixel secondary camera both capable of 0180p HD video @ 30fps
• Dimensions: 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm
• Weight: 146g
• Connectivity: HDMI via MHL, GLONASS, aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC, WiFi, microUSB, HSPA+, LTE
• Battery: 2330mAh with Battery STAMINA mode for up to 4-time battery life extension
• Extras: IP55 and IP57 certified dust and water resistance
This device is the first smartphone from Sony to include a quad core processor. In addition to the amazing Full HD display, the dust and water resistance qualities of the device are expected to make this device a winner in the segment. Let’s wait and watch. What is your opinion?
Category: Tech News